Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How to make a stenciled onesie.

What you'll need:
1. Freezer paper
2. A plain white onesie
3. A stencil of your choice
4. Fabric paint
5. A paint brush or sponge
6. An exacto knife
7. A piece of cardboard that fits the inside of your onesie.


Step One:
Place your stencil over a piece of freezer paper and cut it out with your exacto knife. I also used a circle cutter to make a circle around mine.


Step Two:
Put the piece of cardboard inside your shirt and iron on the stencil (glossy side down) in the correct spot.
Make sure all of the edges are ironed on really well.


Step Three:
Paint the stencil with your fabric paint.


Step Four:
Let dry.
It will take a few hours for the paint to dry completely.
I sped up the process with a hair dryer.


Step Five:
Peel off your stencil and tada! Look what you just made!
Easy as pie, right?!


8 love notes:

Life in the circus said...

That is really awesome! Now I wish I'd done that with the shirts I sent the babies.

Unknown said...

That is too cute Alisha!!! You should link it up on my craft website on Friday, then more people will be able to check it out! :)

Mechelle said...

cute cute cute!!!

Donna's Daze said...

Very cute. I wish I had done this when my kids were little. Oh well, it's one for the future grandkids file (gulp).

Stacey Sargent said...

Wow, that is awesome! You did such a good job. I so want to try this when we have kids!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking this up Alisha!!! Check back soon to see them FEATURED on my blog! :) You can grab a featured button to display on your blog too if you'd like! ;)

Unknown said...

That is such a cute idea! I totally want to make one...too bad I dont' have a baby to put it on. :)

Donna's Daze said...

Very cute. I wish I had done this when my kids were little. Oh well, it's one for the future grandkids file (gulp).